Durian fruit is a unique tropical fruit. It is sometime called as durain . Durian Fruit is incredibly nutritious fruit .
It is popular in Southeast Asia, where it is called the “King of Fruits”. Durian is much more nutritious than other fruits.
However, it also gets a bad rap due to its pungent odor.
What is durian fruit ?
Durian is a tropical fruit distinguished by its large size and spicy, hard outer shell.
It has a pungent odor, meat like custard with large seeds.
There are several varieties, but the most common is Durio gibbetinus.
The fruit may have a fleshy color. It is usually yellow or white, but can also be red or green.
Durian normally cultivated in tropical areas around the world, especially in the Southeast Asian regions like Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
The tree of that durian fruit can grow up to 12 inches or 30 cm long and up to 6 inches or 15 cm wide. 2cups (486 g) of edible pulp are found in A durian fruit .
Durian fruit is a tropical fruit that grows in Southeast Asian countries. outer shell of durian is sharp flesh that can vary in color.
How is it prepared for eating ?
Durian is mainly prepared in sweet and savory dishes. Creamy meat and seeds are both edible, although the seeds need to be cooked.
The flavors have been described as flavors like cheese, nuts, garlic and caramel.
The common food preparation of durian fruit includes:
- Seeds, boiled or fried
- Candy, ice cream and other desserts
- It is also used in traditional medicine and has some medicinal properties that are currently being studied.
Durian is an ingredient in Southeast Asian cuisine, both sweet and delicious. It is also used in traditional medicine.
One of the most nutritious fruits
Durian fruit has more nutritional value than other fruits.
One cup (243 g) provides pulp :
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 66 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Protein: 4 g
- Vitamin C: 80% of daily value
- Thiamine: 61% of DAILY VOLUME
- Manganese: 39% of DAILY VOLUME
- Vitamin B6: 38% of DAILY VOLUME
- Potassium: 30% of DAILY VOLUME
- Riboflavin: 29% of DAILY VOLUME
- Copper: 25% of DAILY VOLUME
- Folate: 22% of DAILY VOLUME
- Magnesium: 18% of DAILY VOLUME
- Niacin: 13% of DAILY VOLUME
This nutritional profile makes durian one of the most nutritious fruits in the world.
It is composed of healthy ingredients including
- polyphenols and
Many of these act as antioxidants .
Durian is a highly nutritious fruit which is rich in fiber, B vitamins, vitamin C and various healthy plant compounds.
The health benefits of durian
All parts of the durian tree – leaves, husks, roots and fruits – have been used in traditional Malaysian medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including high fever, jaundice and skin conditions .
Studies have shown that durian fruit provides the following health benefits :
- Reduces the risk of cancer :Its antioxidants can neutralize cancer-promoting free radicals. In a test-tube study, durian extract inhibits the spread of breast cancer cell strains.
- Prevents heart disease: Several compounds in durian can help lower cholesterol levels and increase your risk of atherosclerosis, or hardening of your arteries.
- Fights infection: The shell of durian fruit contains ingredients that possess antibacterial and properties against yeast.
- Lowers blood sugar: Durian has a lower glycemic index (GI) than many other tropical fruits, which means it can lower blood sugar levels.
Although these studies show promise, many have been performed on animals or in test tubes. No firm claim can be made until the health benefits of durian are confirmed by controlled research in humans.
Durian contains nutrients and plant compounds that can provide a number of health benefits, including cancer, heart disease, infections and blood sugar control. However, no human research has been conducted.
Disadvantaged of durian fruit or durain
- Potentially harmful in combination with alcohol
- Drinking Durian at the same time as alcohol can cause problems .
- Scientists believe that compounds like sulfur in durian can inhibit certain enzymes to break down alcohol, which in turn increases the level of alcohol in your blood.
This can lead to symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and palpitations .
To be safe & fit don’t eat durian and drinking alcohol at the same time.
Durian contains compounds that can prevent alcohol from being fully metabolized, causing symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.
Sometimes the durian is compared with jackfruit of its appearance ,nutrition ,health benefits :
Jackfruit vs. durian
The durian tree is taller than the jackfruit tree and can grow up to 150 feet tall, while the jackfruit tree can reach up to 80 feet in its largest size.
• When the jackfruit grows in clusters on or near the trunk of the tree, durian comes out along the branches of the tree.
• The jackfruit tree is native to the western part of the Ghat Mountains of South India, while the durian trees are believed to have come from Sumatra and Borneo.
•Generally a jackfruit tree grows 10 to 200 jackfruits each year, while a durian tree grows 15 to 800 durians each year.
Durian vs. Jackfruit: At Presence
• Although these two fruits are larger than the others in the fruit category, the jackfruit is larger than the durian and is the largest of the tree fruits. Jackfruit can grow up to three feet tall and weigh up to 110 pounds, while durian can weigh up to 30 pounds.
The outer part of the durian is covered with terrible spikes, while the structure of the jackfruit skin is not so thorny and it can be better described as pebble or stylish. Jackfruit skins are sometimes compared to alligator skins.
Both fruits have the same rectangular or oval shape but are slightly rounder than durian jackfruit.
• Edible meat batter of durian can be yellow, pink, red, or white, while the flesh of the jackfruit is pale yellow like banana meat.
The interior of the durian is divided into five fruit pods, each containing a portion of finely edible meat. The meat contains round seeds, which are not edible. When jackfruit is cut, you will see several bulb sizes, each containing an inch-long oval seed surrounded by edible fruit.
Jackfruit vs. Durian: At Taste point
• Jackfruit is sweet and has its flavor, but the closest way to describe it is to mix apple, banana, mango, and pineapple flavors. Ripe jackfruit is taste like juicy fruit gum.
Durian is not only sweet, but it also has delicious notes and it can be a bit salty. durian tastes like scrambled eggs. It tastes sweet cheese or a mixture of garlic and caramel with a creamy flavor. The taste of unripe durian tastes like chicken, which makes it suitable for vegetarian people.
• Jackfruit has a stringy, rubbery texture like mango or pineapple because the edible part has up to thousands of individual sunny yellow flowers. Jackfruit also tends to be sticky when ripe, where durian is described as smooth and creamy, less juicy than jackfruit, and sometimes as custard. The skin around each fruit’s pod is crispy.
Jackfruit seeds are edible and close to the taste of almond or sunflower seeds in the raw state.
Jackfruit vs. Durian: AtFragrant point
• Both jackfruit and durian have odors that can be considered strong or pungent, although there are different types of odors.
The smell of durian can empty a building and has been compared to smelly socks, sewers, onions, rotten eggs, or turpentine. One of the more flattering descriptions of the durian fragrance compares it to a stronger version of the nut.
The smell of durian is so unpleasant to many that fruit has been banned from some public transport systems in Asia. In some places, eating durian in public is strictly forbidden. It is common for people to make or eat durian outside so that the odor does not persist in their home. Jackfruit is sometimes banned from public consumption in certain areas, although its smell is almost not as strong as that of durian.
• Jackfruit does not have the delicious or traditionally smelly undertone that can make durian, but some people find the smell unpleasant because it can be too sweet. It is described as bubble gum mixed with banana or pineapple next to rotten onions.
Jackfruit vs. Durian: At Nutrition point
Both jackfruit and durian contain copper, folate, manganese, magnesium, niacin, potassium, riboflavin, thiamine, and vitamins A, B6, and C.
Vitamin C enhances the body’s ability to fight infections. A study by the University of Sydney Glycemic Research Service also showed that eating jackfruit in moderation can benefit diabetics. The low-calorie content of jackfruit means that replacing it with a more calorie-rich diet will create a lower-calorie diet for those who want to lose weight. Jackfruit seeds can be used as a laxative. The fruit also has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties.
The insoluble fiber in durian helps in digestion and like jackfruit it also works to balance insulin secretion. Potassium in the durian helps control blood pressure and heart rate. Durian also contains the amino acid tryptophan, which helps with a mild sleep aid, relieves headaches, and helps maintain a balance of nervous energy. Like durian seeds, durian meat also acts as a laxative.
Both fruits have no cholesterol and it is beneficial for skin health, reduce age spots and wrinkles. Free radicals can damage healthy cells. Both jackfruit and durian fight with those free radicals.
Durian contains more calories. One cup of durian contains 356 calories, and one cup of jackfruit contains only 156 calories.
• Durian has more fat than jackfruit. There are 13 grams in each cup. A single cup of jackfruit consists of 1 gram of fat, mainly omega 3 or omega 6 fatty acids.
• Durian contains more protein, four grams per cup. so three grams more per cup than jackfruit.
• Durian contains a little more sugar than jackfruit. Each cup of jackfruit contains 31 grams of sugar but the same amount of durian contains 40 grams of sugar.
• Durian contains more potassium than jackfruit, each cup contains 1059 grams of potassium. Jackfruit contains 639 grams of potassium per cup.
• Durian contains twice as much dietary fiber as jackfruit, durian contains four grams of dietary fiber whereas jackfruit contains only two grams.
• Jackfruit contains six percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin A, which is absent from durian.
• Jackfruit contains 11 percent of the daily recommended vitamin C, but durian contains a much higher amount of 44 percent.
• Jackfruit contains 5% of a person’s daily vitamin B6, and durian contains 16%.
• Jackfruit seeds are considered a healthy food because they contain calcium, fiber, potassium, and sodium.
Jackfruit vs. Durian: Used
Both jackfruit and durian can be enjoyed raw or in ice cream. Jackfruit is often cooked and eaten in pork or other vegetarian dishes and can be used in cooked durian dumb tea, baked goods, or vegetables.
• The following foods often include jackfruit: burgers, cakes, peppers, chips, curry, fruit skins, ice cream, jelly, pickles, tacos, and wine. When boiled, steamed, or fried, the seeds taste like chocolate.
Durian is often eaten as part of this dish: bubba, cake, candy, cappuccino, curry, ice cream, milkshake, salad, and saffron.
Depending on where you live in the world, these fruits can come with a hefty price tag. A gourmet or specialty grocery stores, you can pay between $ 15 for durian or $ 2 per pound for jackfruit. The reason for this cost is that the fruits have to be imported from their native areas and the demand for jackfruit and durian is low, so they have to be ordered in small quantities. If you want to try one of these tropical fruits for yourself, the most profitable way to get them on hand is to visit your local Asian grocery store.
How to eat durian
Gloves to protect your hands often to open the hard, spicy shell of a durianIt takes sa or mits.
You should to cut out the shell part with a knife and pry gently open it with hands before removing the durian meat.
You can then eat it fresh on its own, paired with sticky rice or as a variety of food ingredients.
There are many articles you tube videos are available on internet and youtube how to open and eat durian fruit, as well as many other recipes of durain .
Meat is also sold frozen, which changes its texture a bit, making it more loose and harder.
Durian is utilized in preparation of foods like candy.
However, while it may give you a sample of its taste, it will not give you health benefits.
You can buy fresh or frozen durian and eat it directly or in combination with other ingredients in the recipe.
Why is the smell so strong?
Opinions about the smell of durian mixed. Some people like it, others hate it.
The aroma is very strong and has been described as a combination of sulfur, sewage, fruit, honey and fried and rotten onions.
A study on the aromatic compounds of durian found 44 active compounds, some of which contribute to the aroma of skunk, caramel, rotten eggs, fruit and soup .
The smell is so terrible that it is not allowed in some restaurants and public transport areas in Southeast Asia.
Your feeling on the fruit depends on whether you smell the sweet-smelling or pungent compounds more strongly.
Durian contains aromatic compounds that give it a strong odor. The durian fruit smell is incredibly strong. Some people enjoy the smell, others hate it.
Durian fruit is a very good source of many nutrients, like :
- B vitamins,
- vitamin C,
- plant compounds,
- healthy fats and fiber.
However, the smell and taste may not be the same for everyone.
It is very popular in Indonesia ,India, USA and many other countries .
- emoji durian means-durian emoji
- durian musang king means-civet king durian
- durian montong means-fresh durian
- pancake durian means-durian pancakes durian
- bawor means-durian bawor
- kampung durian runtuh means-durian village collapsed
- emot durian means-durian emote
- pohon durian means-durian tree
- buah durian means-durian emoji
- durian salin tiktok means-tiktok copy durian
- emoji gambar durian means-durian pictures
- es durian means-durian ice
- ucok durian means-chop durian
- durian merah means-red durian
- erek erek durian means-erek durian
- manfaat durian means-durian benefits
- ketan durian means-durian sticky rice
- kebun durian means-durian garden
- harga durian musang king means-civet king durian price bahasa
- inggris durian means-durian english
- lempok durian means-durian lempok
- sop durian means-durian soup
- bibit durian musang king means-civet king durian seeds
- bolehkah ibu hamil makan durian means-can pregnant women eat durian
- emoticon durian means-durian emoticon
- durian belanda means-dutch durian
- jual durian terdekat means-selling durian near you
- manfaat buah durian means-durian fruit benefits
- durian duri hitam means-black thorn durian
- durian terdekat means-Nearest durian
- bibit durian means-durian seeds
- es durian terdekat means-Nearest durian ice
- tempoyak durian means-durian tempoyak
- mendem durian means-durian craving
- harga durian montong means-durian montong price
- mimpi mkn durian means-dream of eating durian
- durian togel means-durian lottery
- mimpi makan durian means-dream of eating durian
- durian runtuh means-windfall
- fiesta durian means-durian fiesta
- durian png means-durian png
- kalori durian means-durian calories
- harga durian means-durian price
- durian kupas means-peeled durian
- happy durian means-happy durian
- ibu hamil makan durian means-pregnant women eat durian